Dinosaur Park - Lonavala


I have seen that most of the kids are fascinated with Dinosaurs. For instance, my daughter since she was very little had a craze for "Barney the Dinosaur". The huge gigantic purple Dinosaur and its friends. She would sing and dance with him on all his songs. Her favourite one was "I Love you, You Love Me, We're a Happy Family with a great big Hug and a Kiss from me to you wont you say You Love me too" and we would sing it everyday as a routine before bedtime. The best part was that due to her fondness every year till she was 5 Barney visited her on her Birthday to wish her and sing and dance with her (Her Mystery Friend).

So, to cut the long story short, my point is although big and scary they never fail to impress the kids be it in a movie or in real.
Oh! did I say real? as in real ?? How about touching them and seeing them in real life size . If this excites you then head out to Lonavala to visit the Dinosaur Park. Lonavala, is a popular hill station near Mumbai.



This park is located around 7 KM further from Kumar Resort in Lonavala. The actual name of the park is Rainbow Land Park and it has over three types of different theme parks within it (chocolate factory and potentially a bird sanctuary). But all of them are not yet operational.


The park has about 36 life size animatronics dinosaurs spread over 6.5 acres of land creating a Jurassic world like ambience. They even have fossil hunt games for kids and activities like drawing and painting your own Dinosaurs. There are various types of Dinosaurs like the T-Rexes, Acrocanthosaurus, and many more along with a description board. The best part is when in close proximity, the Dinosaurs makes sounds and moves along as well.  My younger one was really scared and started to cry when the Dinosaurs begin to move and make sound. He truly believed that it had come to life.



There are real size Dinosaur eggs that you can touch and feel. It was fun to see some baby dinosaurs peeping in and out through the egg shells. The kids can even get inside one of the egg shells and pretend to be a dinosaur :). I got some good clicks there.


There is also a small cave that one can walkthrough to see some more Dinosaurs and their eggs.

This place also has a 3D/4D theatre, a shop selling Dinosour T shirts , toys etc and a small cafeteria where you can munch on some snacks, ice-cream and chinese food. The quality of the 3D/4D theatre movie and glasses can be improved though.

Entry fees is 222 INR with GST for adults and children under 5 years are FREE.  It should take you about 2-3 hrs to walk through the entire park and click pictures . Overall I would say commendable effort has been put in to create such a huge theme park near Mumbai. Just like the one "Jurassic Park" at Universal studios.

PS - If you visit this place in Summer please be aware that its an open park and it can get very hot. Umbrellas are available on rent for Rs. 20. If you have very small kids or elderly people its advisable to carry strollers/wheelchair.

So if you have already watched the latest movie "Jurassic world: Fallen Kingdom" and experienced the thrill of the movie and want to feel it in real too then this is the place to go.

 

Comments

  1. Fantastic place. I feel proud that they have something like this very close to our vicinity. I have been to the Universal Studios Jurassic Park and Yes you are right, it is similar. Thanks for positing this, I am waiting for the Chocolate Factory then that too would be similar to the one in US (Hershey's Chocolate Factory). Keep blogging about these unique places, would definitely help people visit these places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging comment

      Delete
  2. When are u taking me there?🤗

    Would love to see it.... Share map details too on your post. It will help....

    Keep sharing. You putting up good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PS for your comment. We can go there again together once the other parks open up in a few months. As requested I have added the map location. Hope it helps :)

      Delete
  3. Beautifully captured and posted here in this blog. Very well drafted and discribed. I have been to lonavala more than I visited my own native place. Something like universal Jurassic Park, I should visit this. Thanks for sharing details and pictures. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chetan Sharma for inspiring me to write more. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. I had visited the best place for night camping near Pune last year, and it was a fantastic time with my husband as it had been my wish to sleep under the stars while holding my partner's hand and it was the best experience of my life ever! The best part is that my husband enjoyed it too! He is more of an adrenaline junkie and he likes adventures and all, but when he loved this place, I fell in love with this place too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet and lovely. Thanks for sharing

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fireflies and Camping trip to Kachurli Village - 9th June 2018

Silvassa